WEDDING CATERERS FOR LGBTQ+ WEDDINGS NEAR YOU
Find catering companies for LGBTQ+ weddings in your area. Choose top wedding caterers by location, catering experience and customer reviews.
Advice From EVOL.LGBT
How to choose LGBTQ+friendly wedding caterers?
Start by identifying your ideal wedding catering. Look for inspiration in your past, ask friends and family who attended LGBTQ+ weddings. Search the web for sample menus and inspiring food and drinks as well as wedding cakes.
Consider saving all the photos you find in a single place such as a mood board. A tool like that will help keep your wedding theme consistent.
Now that you know what you want, start looking at what options there are on the market. Search things like “lgbtq catering near me” or “lgbt catering near me”. Google or Bing will offer a list of local caterers for weddings near you. As you browse you will see a few wedding catering companies that stand out to you.
When considering options, think about the caterer’s vision, packages, food costs and customer reviews. Many caterers will highlight delicious food and professional wait staff. Some catering companies will even share price ranges and sample menus. These are good to check to ensure they’re within your wedding budget.
Once you’re down to 2-3 wedding catering companies, start reaching out to them to learn if your personalities click. Reach out via EVOL.LGBT’s “Request Quote” feature, walks you through the key pieces of info to share.
This is the time to pay closer attention to the catering services you’re about to choose. When dealing with your potential vendors, make sure you’re clear with them on the guest count, how much you expect to pay and the wedding theme you have in mind.
Keep an open mind and be cautious of additional fees and hidden costs. Read the fine print.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check answers to common questions about choosing and working with LGBTQ+ friendly wedding companies.
How to choose a wedding catering company?
To choose a wedding catering team you have to decide on the style of your wedding, determine your budget, ask your venue for suggestions, and read online reviews. Start searching early to ensure availability. Ask your wedding planner for referrals.
How much does wedding catering cost?
Catering can easily be ⅓ of the total wedding costs. Most couples spend between $1,800 and $7,000 on catering, which greatly depends on the number of guests on your guest list. Most caterers will include alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as part of their packages. The average cost per person for a wedding in the United States is $40 for a plated meal and $27 for a buffet. Adding an open bar typically ups the cost by $15 per person.
How much to tip a wedding caterer?
If your contract doesn’t include gratuity, you should tip 15 to 20 percent of the total bill. Another way to tip is by offering $50 to $100 for each chef and $20 to $50 per server.
How to save on catering for a wedding?
To beat the average cost of wedding catering you can book special offer rates, go for budget-friendly foods, and opt for a weekday. You can skip the plated full-service dinner to save money, you can also go casual for cocktail hour.
Follow Best Practices
Finding a wedding caterer for a same-sex couple involves considering factors similar to any other couple seeking catering services. However, it’s important to ensure that the vendors you choose are supportive, inclusive, and respectful of your relationship.
Start by researching catering vendors in your area. Look for vendors with positive reviews and testimonials. Reach out to friends, family, or members of the LGBTQ+ community who have recently gotten married and ask for recommendations.
Inclusive vendor directories
Utilize online directories or wedding websites that specifically highlight LGBTQ+-friendly vendors. These platforms often curate a list of inclusive vendors who are experienced in working with same-sex couples.
Check their website and social media presence
Visit the websites and social media pages of potential caterers. Look for visual representations of diverse couples and inclusive language in their content. Pay attention to any LGBTQ+-specific testimonials or wedding features they might have.
Ask about experience and previous LGBTQ+ weddings
During your initial conversations with the caterers, inquire about their experience working with same-sex couples. Ask if they have previously catered LGBTQ+ weddings and if they have any references you can contact.
When reaching out to caterers, be open about your needs as a same-sex couple. Express your expectations, preferred pronouns, and any specific cultural or religious considerations you may have. A responsive and inclusive vendor will be receptive to your requirements.
Schedule in-person or video consultations
Set up meetings with your shortlisted caterers. This will allow you to discuss your vision, menu options, and any other details you have in mind. Take note of their level of interest, willingness to accommodate your requests, and overall professionalism.
Request sample menus and tastings
Ask for sample menus and schedule tastings to get a sense of their culinary skills and presentation. Ensure they can accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences you or your guests may have.
Review contracts carefully
Carefully review the contracts provided by the caterers. Pay attention to cancellation policies, payment schedules, and any specific clauses related to same-sex weddings. Make sure they align with your needs and protect your rights as a couple.
Seek inclusivity in vendor partnerships
Consider working with wedding planners, photographers, or other vendors who have experience and positive reviews working with LGBTQ+ couples. They can provide valuable recommendations and create a cohesive experience.
Trust your instincts
Trust your gut feeling when choosing a caterer. Select vendors who make you feel comfortable, respected, and understood. Building a good rapport and feeling confident in their ability to deliver an inclusive experience is essential.
When looking for wedding catering inspiration, there are various sources you can explore to gather ideas and concepts that resonate with you as a couple.
Wedding Websites and Blogs
Websites and blogs on weddings often feature articles, galleries, and real wedding stories that showcase different catering styles, themes, and menu options. Some popular wedding websites include EVOL.LGBT, The Knot, WeddingWire, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Style Me Pretty.
Social Media Platforms
Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook are excellent platforms for finding visual inspiration. Search for hashtags like #weddingcatering, #weddingfood, or #weddingmenu to discover a wide range of ideas. Follow catering companies, wedding planners, and wedding-related accounts to stay updated with the latest trends.
Traditional print or online wedding magazines can provide comprehensive inspiration. Magazines like Brides, Wedding Ideas, and Bridal Guide often showcase styled shoots, menu ideas, and expert advice on wedding catering.
Local Wedding Expos and Events
Attend local wedding expos or events in your area, where caterers often showcase their services. You can explore different catering options, taste samples, and gather information directly from vendors. These events may also feature live cooking demonstrations or seminars on wedding catering trends.
Real Weddings and Personal Recommendations
Look for real wedding features in magazines, blogs, or on social media. These features often provide insight into the catering choices made by couples with similar themes or preferences. Additionally, reach out to friends, family, or acquaintances who have recently gotten married for personal recommendations and insights into their catering experiences.
Restaurant Menus and Foodie Guides
Explore menus and food offerings from local restaurants and eateries known for their culinary expertise. This can provide ideas for unique dishes, flavor combinations, and presentation styles that can be incorporated into your wedding catering.
Cultural or Regional Cuisine
If you and your partner have cultural or regional ties that you would like to incorporate into your wedding, consider exploring traditional dishes, ingredients, and preparation techniques associated with your heritage. This can add a personal touch and create a meaningful culinary experience.
Celebrity or High-Profile Weddings
Keep an eye out for celebrity weddings or high-profile events that feature elaborate catering setups. These events often set trends and can provide inspiration for unique and extravagant catering ideas.
Catering Company Websites and Portfolios
Visit the websites and portfolios of catering companies you are considering. Many caterers showcase their previous work and highlight different menus, serving styles, and presentation ideas. This can give you a sense of their style and creativity.
Ask Your Wedding Caterer
When speaking with a potential wedding caterer, it’s essential to ask specific questions to ensure they can meet your needs and provide the experience you desire.
Availability and Logistics
- Is our wedding date available?
- How many other events will you be catering on the same day?
- How many staff members will be present at our wedding?
- What is your experience working at our chosen venue? Are there any logistical challenges we should be aware of?
- Will you provide tables, chairs, linens, and other necessary equipment?
Experience and References
- How many years of experience do you have in catering weddings?
- Have you catered to same-sex weddings before? Can you provide references?
- Do you have a portfolio or photo gallery showcasing previous wedding setups or menus?
- Can we see testimonials or reviews from previous clients?
Menu and Dietary Considerations
- What is your approach to menu customization? Can we create a customized menu based on our preferences?
- Can you accommodate specific dietary restrictions or allergies among our guests (e.g., vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.)?
- Do you offer a tasting session to help us finalize our menu selections?
- Can you accommodate any cultural or regional food requests?
Pricing and Payment
- What is your pricing structure? Do you offer packages or a la carte options?
- What is included in the pricing (e.g., food, beverages, service, rentals)?
- Are there any additional costs we should be aware of (e.g., service charges, gratuity, delivery fees)?
- What is the payment schedule, and what are the accepted payment methods?
Service and Staffing
- How many waitstaff will be provided for our event?
- Will there be a designated event manager or point of contact on the day of the wedding?
- How will you coordinate with other vendors (e.g., wedding planner, venue coordinator) to ensure a smooth flow of events?
- Do you provide bar services and bartenders? What is included in the bar package?
- Can we bring our own alcohol, and if so, is there a corkage fee?
- Are there options for specialty cocktails or signature drinks?
Insurance and Licenses
- Are you licensed and insured? Can you provide proof of liability insurance?
- Will you obtain any necessary permits or licenses required by our venue or local authorities?
- Do you provide additional services such as cake cutting, table settings, or food stations?
- Can you assist with rental coordination (e.g., chairs, tables, glassware)?
- Are there any unique or innovative services you offer that can enhance our wedding experience?
Cancellation and Refund Policies
- What is your cancellation policy? Are there any fees or penalties involved?
- Under what circumstances would you refund a portion or all of the deposit or payment made?